AVID's art programming covers the entire spectrum of genres from visual to performing and applied arts. We've had the privilege of working with both established artists as well as emerging ones on walk-throughs, previews and panel discussions, and have introduced several art enthusiasts to the basics of collecting, looking and writing about art through engaging workshops and master classes.
AVID's literature programming has engaged a stellar lineup of authors, writers, journalists and academicians from all over the world, who have mentored aspiring writers and literature enthusiasts in various forms of writing, have discussed their works commented on the future of their field in panel discussions and launches.
AVID has pioneered an inspiring Culture and Heritage Series, which features some of the best Indian and International Scholars, Institutes and Practitioners who bring their knowledge and experience of ancient Indian Scriptures, Rituals and Practices to public audiences via Panel Discussions, Workshops and Cultural Festival Partnerships.
AVID has increasingly begun to curate programs around upcoming and fresh trends in entrepreneurship, innovation and technology. AVID was the first to launch a series linking culture and the city, titled, ‘MULTIPOLIS MUMBAI’, as a platform for the exchange of ideas in the world of architecture, music, food, theatre, fashion, environment, literature, innovation and film. We also launched the AVID IDEALOGY Series that explores breakthrough ideas and thinking poised to impact our culture and society in a whole new way. Our belief behind introducing this series is that good ideas need to travel far, and we would like to do our bit to spread them across a broad audience of Mumbai residents including corporate executives, creative enthusiasts, innovation geeks, entrepreneurs and students.
Learning opportunities through simple, engaging and fun methods are available in the Distance Learning program on this website. The first in the module is an exciting series on Understanding Sanskrit through stutis and stotras. This will be followed by Electronics for non-techies module.
The stotras are available on our website in small easy measures. The goal is to learn the recitation, grammar and meaning of these verses, and to keep us connected with our ancient heritage.
The stutis/ stotras are presented:
Do log on every fortnight to discover Sanskrit and get an enjoyable learning experience!
- In Sanskrit
- With easy break-up of words in Devnagri script.
- Transliterated in English.
- With meaning of each word.
- With contextual meaning of each sentence.
- Paraphrased in English.
- Accompanied by audio files, for easy recitation.
- Every fortnight, that is, every 1st and 16th of the month, a new stotram, from popular stotras (such as Raamarakshaa Stotra), is published on the Avid website, to enable you to read, understand and practice it.
- The stutis on the website are synced in order of festivals in the Hindu calendar to assist in preparation of timely recitation in accordance with the forthcoming festivals.
- Electronics for non-techies (Will be introduced shortly)
Ramaraksha Stotra (Raamarakshaa Stotram)